In 1840, the town council decided to build a new church to replace the old one which had fallen into a poor state of repair. It took 54 years for the building work to be completed, in 1894.
The church stands in the village centre and has changed very little since its construction. The distinguishing feature of Vasselin church is the belltower, placed to the left of the altar, from which the Angelus bells chime three times a day. The oldest of the two bells was cast in 1834 by Burdin in Lyon, while the other was made in 1945 to commemorate Victory Day.
Période(s) d'ouvertureAll year round, daily.
- Type of culturel patrimony :
- Historic site and monument
- Religious patrimony :
- Religious heritage
mail / message
Phone : +33 4 74 80 19 59