The parish church of Annoisin is mentioned as being the property of Saint-Chef Abbey as far back as 1172. It also appears in a 14th-century pouillé relating to the Vienne area. The Medieval building has been restored several times over the centuries.
Repair work was carried out in 1790, and the church's north and west walls were shored up in 1826 as they were threatening to collapse. In the following year, Barrue, a local government officer, proposed the costing and plans for repair work which was carried out in 1830. In 1837, Claude Gaillard, a mason from Siccieu, created the pilaster gate, the bull's-eye on the façade and the front steps, as well as two windows in the nave. Finally, in 1851, the town council decided to extend the church on the basis of plans and cost estimates presented on 31st July by Hugues Quenin. His proposal was to demolish the chancel, sacristy and belfry and build a chapel on the south side to match the pre-existing chapel and thus form a layout in the shape of a Latin cross. His plans also included a new belltower. The contract was awarded to Maurice Chef, a builder from Crémieu, on 6th November 1853, but the project was halted the following year when the bishop sugggested a new church be built at a different location, in order to avoid problems with dampness. The prefect, however, opposed the idea so the extension work went ahead and was eventually finished in 1859. Twenty-five years later, in 1884, new repair work was undertaken following a proposal by the architect E. Villard. The work was contracted to Joannès Ressier on 20th September 1885 and completed the following year.
Période(s) d'ouvertureAll year round, daily.
- Type of culturel patrimony :
- Historic site and monument
- Religious patrimony :
- Religious heritage
- Bell tower
Free of charge.
Eglise paroissiale d'Annoisin-Chatelans
Latitude : 45.75158
Longitude : 5.291295